20100112

my three favorite recipes for december

I know, I know. If I can't post regularly, I prolly shouldn't post at all. But I want to share these tastey foods with you!

These are the three recipes I found myself turning to multiple times during the month of December. Yes, they're all from Everyday Food. Freaking love that magazine. Click the photo for a link to the recipe.





Sweet potato and chipotle soup. I make chicken stock from scratch, and this is one of my favorite soups to make with it. I like to sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top, instead of using sour cream.
















These are the biscuits that made me realize I don't necessarily need shortening or buttermilk to make biscuits. A new world has been opened to me now.








Finally, the empanadas/pasties. This is the first dough I've made that's more like a pastry than a quick bread or pizza dough. A lot of fun to make and even more fun to eat, I'm brimming with ideas of what else to stuff in this savory pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment