20091021

reading and writing

huh. Still thinking of NaNoWriMo, but this time I'm actually preparing. Getting some topic lists (30 for 30 days of November) and maybe some character sheets.

I've been reading In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. I admit that when I bought it, I already had a pretty good idea that the way we (EIOCY and I) eat is already kinda close to what Pollan advocates. I expected to read it and feel pretty good about the way I already eat. What I didn't expect was to suddenly feel terribly about the way my cat eats. No, Pollan doesn't talk about pet food but after all that discussion of processed food, nutritionism, and things my great grandmother would recognize as food, CAT FOOD DOES NOT SOUND APPEALING even for my cat. I cry a very small tear for the rodents she no longer eats. I do believe I've been guilted into planting wheat grass for my cat again.

anyone else prepping for NaNoWriMo? what kind of steps are you taking?

No comments:

Post a Comment