20080220

Starbucks to Offer Free Wi-Fi With AT&T - New York Times

Starbucks to Offer Free Wi-Fi With AT&T - New York Times

How intriguing.
Starbucks said it will give customers who use a Starbucks purchase card two hours of free wireless access per day. More time than that will cost $3.99 for a two-hour session.
Only for people who use a Starbucks purchase card? Do you have to register your card? If you stay on over the first two free hours, does it automatically debit your card? Do you have to swipe your card to get a log on code or something when you arrive at the store? Why do they insist on regulating "free" wifi so much? I have had a Starbucks card for about a year now, and I use it often but I almost never actually sit down in a Starbucks, mostly because I can't get free wifi there. If I need that, I'll go to Cosi across the street, or Panera down the road. Clearly they've realized this fact, but why on earth will they continue to regulate wifi by linking it to their purchase card? I guess it's because they have such a huge draw and huge customer base that they can do ridiculous things like this and people will still go to Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment